I thought I’d have a few more years. At least 13 more, to be exact. I just
didn’t think it would be so soon. I thought all he cared about were “little boy” things, like paper towel-tube sword fights and stomping through puddles in his brand-new shoes. I thought my biggest concerns were training him to respond cheerfully, completely, and quickly and to wash his hands and brush his teeth and learn his ABC's. I thought he’d at least be a teenager first before he faced this temptation. As a mother I just
wasn’t prepared! So you can imagine my surprise when my son came home with his first tats...





In all seriousness, aside from the skull and crossbones which Augie inked on Gordon's chest after dinner, this is how Gordon came home from his sleep-over with his cousins. They'd promised him a pirate sleep-over party as his birthday present, and they did not disappoint! Gordon came home with stories of
bunkbeds turned into boats,
swordfights and swashbucklers, and yes, a little self-
tatooing among the pirate crew. Gordon had a blast! Thank you, Ryan and Matthew! (And Rachel and Sarah!)
3 comments:
soooooo cute!
Taking after his uncle david:)
He is so cute. What fun
Post a Comment