Thursday, May 15, 2008

St-st-st-st-strawberry....

I love strawberry season! My girls have been taking their standardized tests all week, so on Wednesday afternoon we decided to take a little break and head out to the strawberries fields.


Lovely Claire with her lovely berries!


Gordon kept yelling, "Mom! I hit the Mother Lode!" whenever he found a particularly good patch. It's a good thing he wore a red shirt, because he kept "trying" the ones he found that were a little on the mushy side. You know, it would be a shame to leave those mushy ones to rot! Ha ha!

My dear Elise loathes strawberries, but she filled her basket for the rest of us! She also gathered a basketful of May peas, which she loves. They almost didn't make it to the dinner table, because we kept popping those pods open and eating them all afternoon.

Here the girls are helping me to sort , wash and prep our 30 pounds of berries!


Yum! Here's where some of those berries ended up!

2 comments:

sarah said...

oh so yummy! I am not sure how our strawberries are down here b/c of the serious lack of rain! I should find out b/c those look so yummy!!!

Bethany said...

Oh I miss doing that. The kids look big.