Thursday, November 13, 2008

Texas State Fair, Part 1


I am so behind on posting these pictures; no excuses, just reality! These are from our recent trip to Dallas in October. We enjoyed a beautiful day at the Texas State Fair with Grandpa! Yehaw!


Boris III, weighing in at 1212 pounds!


This won some kind of ribbon in the metalworking division. I don't know if you can see the detail, but it shows all the different types of barbed wire. I didn't know there were so many!



This was one of our first stops, even though it was only 10 a.m.! Fletcher's Corny Dogs -- the original! I must say, that even as a hot dog loather, these were very good! The hot dog was high quality and the fried cornbread coating was delicious! Old-timers kept telling us to be sure to avoid the "imposters" and make sure we got a Fletcher's Original; we were happy to oblige!



Here's Big Tex, welcoming us to the fairgrounds. Apparently Big Tex got a brand-spankin'-new pair of britches this year!

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

More to come later...

1 comment:

sarah said...

How fun! I love going to fairs! I can remember going to the fair with Grandma and Grandpa B.- such fun memories! :)