This is the equation my first-grader tried to solve today. It had us both stumped. I almost had to call Uncle Jeff for help. Then we decided to use pictures to help our problem solving. Here's what we discovered:
2 Chocolate Easter Eggs

Plus 45 minutes in a High Efficiency Front-Load Washing Machine

Followed by 41 minutes in a High Efficiency Front-Load Dryer

Equals 32 Articles of Clothing covered in Chocolate Spots

The good news is, all the chocolate came out when I ran it back through!
7 comments:
hahahahahahahahaha...that is so funny Heather!!!!:)
OOOHHH NOOO! Thank goodness it all came out! Hopefully it wasn't dark chocolate, that would have really made the story sad!
Oh Heather that was so funny! I have washed so many things that my kids have left in their pockets, I have to check every little pocket now before washing!! I once washed Todd's ipod, thankfully having the front loader it was never sitting in water, so we let it dry out and it works fine. Whew- I felt sick after that one, but thankful it still works!
After our conversation about Math and what books etc to use, I was thinking what Lesson are they on in the book, I don't remember that kind of problem with Kylie- ha ha that was funny!!:)
oh gosh!!
Ha Ha, Thats so funny! one time i put a sharpie with out its cap in the wash, need less to say, those spots didn't come out the second wash!
yuck
Mimi -- Thankfully, it was only milk chocolate. No "yucky" dark chocolate was sacrificed in our pursuit of math. :)
Katie -- A Sharpie would be terrible to run through the wash! Yikes! Every time I've had a brand-new dryer I've had an Integrity man christen it with an ink pen, but never a Sharpie! :)
Sarah -- I'm amazed the iPod works! Becky put her cell in the front-loader and it was a goner. I love that those machines use less water, less energy, less detergent, and in general, they get your laundry very clean. BUT!!! You cannot put solids (chocolate, suckers, cough drops, etc.) in there, because they don't dissolve enough before they hit the dryer! And, of course, solids such as iPods and cell phones really should be excluded, as well! :)
Post a Comment