
Elise and I were privileged to participate in a doll-making party for a friend from church who is in the process of adopting a baby from Ethiopia. She, along with her mother, got the wonderful idea of sewing dolls to take along with them when they travel to pick up their baby. I'm not sure if I have the facts completely right, but it's my understanding that they will have the opportunity to visit the orphanage from which their baby comes. They want to be able to take along small gifts of baby-dolls and teddy bears to bless the other, older children who still remain at the orphanage. Isn't that a wonderful idea? Elise and I had a great time picking out the fabric, designing her hair, and bringing her face to life. Before handing her over we said a prayer for the child who will one day love and care for this little doll -- that she would know the love and care of her heavenly Father, and, Lord willing, an earthly mother and father as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment