What's wrong with this picture?
Look closely...
Maybe this will help...You might be thinking, "Oh, how cute! Heather had a 'Backwards Day' with her kids!" Unfortunately, no. That would not be the truth. The truth is, at 2:30 p.m. last Thursday, Gordon was still in his pajamas. Since we had 10 minutes or so to get everyone in the car and headed to science, I grabbed some clothes from Gordon's closet, threw them on his floor, and told him to get dressed and come downstairs. He did this without much fuss and came to me to get help with his shoes. With that finished, we were out the door and on our way to the first stop to drop off one girl and pick up another. After our final drop off at the home of the Daffodil Choir, Gordon and I proceeded to Marshall's. I had an hour and a half to kill, and I always like looking through their housewares section. This would not be Gordon's cup of tea, but he's willing to negotiate a tour of the housewares section for a walk through the toy and book aisle.
Forty-five minutes later we headed back to the van and I decided to run by the grocery store before picking up the girls. I buckled Gordon in his seat, drove the short way over to Harris Teeter, and went to help him out of his car seat. As he was standing at the edge, about to jump down onto the pavement, I noticed something odd. Yes, there was something very odd about the front pockets on his pants. They almost had a patchwork, girlie kind of look to them. I don't remember buying Gordon a pair of pants with big patch pockets in the front. "Where did he get these things?" I wondered. Then I looked a little bit more closely. He had his pants on backwards! Upon closer inspection, I discovered that he also had his shirt on backwards! And he'd had both items of clothing on backwards the whole forty-five minutes we'd walked around Marshall's!
We both had a good laugh when I pointed this out to him, but Gordon quickly sobered up when I started to pull his pants down to turn them around. "No!" he cried. "I need to go in the back to do that!"
"No one's around, Gordon. Even if they were, all they'd see is your underwear."
"But Mom! I'M NOT WEARING ANY UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!"

Forty-five minutes later we headed back to the van and I decided to run by the grocery store before picking up the girls. I buckled Gordon in his seat, drove the short way over to Harris Teeter, and went to help him out of his car seat. As he was standing at the edge, about to jump down onto the pavement, I noticed something odd. Yes, there was something very odd about the front pockets on his pants. They almost had a patchwork, girlie kind of look to them. I don't remember buying Gordon a pair of pants with big patch pockets in the front. "Where did he get these things?" I wondered. Then I looked a little bit more closely. He had his pants on backwards! Upon closer inspection, I discovered that he also had his shirt on backwards! And he'd had both items of clothing on backwards the whole forty-five minutes we'd walked around Marshall's!
We both had a good laugh when I pointed this out to him, but Gordon quickly sobered up when I started to pull his pants down to turn them around. "No!" he cried. "I need to go in the back to do that!"
"No one's around, Gordon. Even if they were, all they'd see is your underwear."
"But Mom! I'M NOT WEARING ANY UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!"

8 comments:
Heather Louise I love your new blog! I can hear you telling these stories..what fun! Give everyone a big kiss from Aunt Carrol
Love you all
Oh...also, that whole Diane Keaton twin thing. WHATEVER!!!!
Aunt Carrol
We love you, too, Aunt Carrol! :0)
Oh my goodness- what a cutie. Ally does the same thing- it is really bad when she puts her panties on backwards- then she is picking at her booty all day, till I realize and fix her panties. So fun!!
Ooooh, backwards panties would be BAD! Talk about uncomfortable! :)
love it. Jude does that all the time...well he ususally remembers his undies but his clothes are always inside out and backwards. (You know you have more than one kid when you go all over town and don't notice) Makes me laugh. Wish I could plant a big one on little Gordy's face. I miss him.
love it. Jude does that all the time...well he ususally remembers his undies but his clothes are always inside out and backwards. (You know you have more than one kid when you go all over town and don't notice) Makes me laugh. Wish I could plant a big one on little Gordy's face. I miss him.
Gordon dressing backwards is hysterical. We had a good laugh.
MH & Bethany
Post a Comment